Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Journey Begins

First and foremost, thank you for your support.

My entire life I have been the skinny, scrawny, geeky guy, while my brother has been the fit jock. While I have been blessed to have been introduced to computers at a very young age, this has led to a rather sedentary lifestyle that has become consumed with work.

That was the old me.

From here on a new journey begins; better yet, a new lifestyle begins. I have always desired to be fit and slender-muscular, taking advantage of the body I have been gifted with. My hero: Tyler Durden of Fight Club, played by Brad Pitt.

Why Tyler Durden?

Tyler is a summation of many elements that I have lacked in the past: fitness, strength, energy, confidence, perseverance, discipline. Determined to no longer be the old me, the PCP is a prime opportunity for me to reach out and achieve the level of fitness and personal evolution that I have always dreamed of.

The great thing is, I'm not alone. We are a team. Patrick, Chen, Corry, Sean, myself -- we run in stride together towards our goals through encouragement and accountability. Where one stumbles, may we all pick them up in order that they may continue to run alongside us.

The journey begins. Thank you for being a part of it.

3 comments:

Corry said...

The project has now begun for us David, hope your first day was a good one. I had you and Sean pass my thoughts a few times. So glad to be doing this together. I know we'll be in touch over these weeks and I look forward to the 'journey' too! Sleep well!

Patrick said...

I hope when this is over you beat your brother up for me!

Sean said...

You know, it's a good thing that I didn't pick Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden myself (and I was leaning that way for a little while) otherwise this would have been awkward :-)

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say in the coming months and seeing all four of us develop into awesomely amazing Supermen/woman.