Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Um, Ouch?

Saturday I sprained/pulled the top of my foot. I have no idea how it happened as I didn't notice it until Sunday, but I've been doing my jump ropes with my weight on one foot for the time being.

Yesterday I was only able to do 15 push ups! I've completed all sets in the days prior, but yesterday my arms kept giving out from fatigue. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get through them today.

I like being sore, though. Not too sore, but the soreness in my arms tells me that I have exerted them well, and new and improved strength is on the way.

Patrick says that this is about the time where people start to break down and want to cheat and quit. But whenever I see who I was, and who I want to become (Tyler Durden), I'm reinvigorated. It is a choice to work out, to change eating habits, to get in shape; but at the same time, as Patrick so well put, removing that choice of quitting makes it easier to stick with it.

I don't have a choice in this anymore. I'm doing it. Not only do I not want to let myself down -- I don't want to let our team, Patrick, Chen, my friends, and our readers down.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I also have a strange fondness for being sore. I have learned more about my body from having an aching muscle than any anatomical book.

It's like, when you're sore, you're getting an intro to the anatomy of movement. "Oh, so that's the muscle I use to take a book off the shelf. And there it is again as I pour coffee..."

I love that.

Corry said...

Hey David, if you're still jumping with a sprained foot then you are IN the game for good. Way to go, look out, here comes Tyler for sure. Hey, glad to hear the push ups are not just killing me...I really really struggle with that last set. We're going to be doing them with one arm by the end of this 3 months right???