Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confidence

One of the driving reasons for me for this project is confidence. While I'm a fairly confident person, there's just something about looking really fit and strong. I had a friend that was super in shape, and I was aways intimidated around him. It's not that I want to be intimidating, but there's an almost instant level of respect that is given when someone is in great condition. I want that.

The diet has really become an integral part of my life. I don't see myself giving it up after the project ends. I may indulge in a few things here and there, but I have come to adore the food that I am now consuming. I love the way it feels. I love the way it tastes, and I can't imagine going back to eat all the junk I used to. I'm really not very tempted by it anymore.

I'm also appreciating more and more the power of encouragement. It's teaching me that I need to be more encouraging as well. On that note: thank you all so much for you encouragement as we push trough this last month. We've learned so much and we couldn't be here without your support.

New pic up tonight :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen David. I think you have done a great job and i can relate to a lot of the things you have gone through over the project. Keep up the good work!

Patrick said...

I was surprised too by my increased confidence after getting to PC. Even though I lead classes and give lectures all the time, there was still a lot of room to grow there.

David said...

Nate,

Thanks for your kind words, man!

Patrick,

I've come a long way in terms of confidence compared to where I was several years ago, but the PCP has helped me that much more. Whereas my body was formerly something to hide inside, it's now something to display with pride (I didn't mean for that to rhyme). It's kind of like a big "FU" to that little voice inside that always tries to discourage you.