Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pretty High on Life

I'm pretty high on life right now. It's been a good week, and things seem to be getting better.

Today I had an awesome workout. I burned through my 2000 jumpropes, then pushed myself hard on the strength training. While I didn't have any PCP dreams last night, when I was doing chest dips today I noticed that my left shoulder would release air frequently. When I finished a set it would hurt like hell! But it'll pass. My elbows used to click when I started the project and now they don't. I'm actually enjoying my smoothie, believe it or not. I just wish I could put strawberries in it instead of apples.

I've learned that the best way for me to push through a workout is to convince myself that I am a machine. We've all heard the saying, "mind over matter," but when I'm working out, I have a tendency to put the next set off. Now I tell myself that I am a machine, I must act on cue, there is no pain. Believe it or not, it helps.

I'm feeling really good right now, and you gotta love how you look after a good workout with swollen muscles.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Dude, you can put strawberries in your smoothie along with the apple. I told you that like 400 times!

David said...

Gah! Somehow I forgot/missed that! I'm so doing that. Thanks!