Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Toughest Workout Yet?

We'll see...

So I ride my motorcycle to my friend's last night, and a massive storm moves in. I ended up there until 4 AM or so when it finally cleared up -- I haven't slept. It'll be an interesting experiment to see how tough my workout will be on little sleep as I'm planning on staying up all day.

As I'm sure you are aware by now, I constantly struggle with sleep issues. I'm always trying to "reset". I'm starting to think that I'm just kidding myself. I honestly adore getting up early in the morning, but I often crank away on work and other things late into the night. I've been told that we are genetically inclined to either be day birds or night owls. I think I may be a night owl that wants to be a day bird. I should try sticking to a nocturnal sleep schedule to see what happens.

I'll let you know how my workout turns out.

5 comments:

MikeRussellMcK said...

Dude, of course the workout will be a little tougher on low sleep. BUT think about how hard it would be to do it before you got PCP energy.

David said...

Mike,

That is a very good point. It would be just short of impossible prior to the PCP. I love this newfound energy the PCP has given us!

Patrick said...

Dude, you work for yourself right? Why not just switch over to a night owl schedule? Who cares if you wake up at 11?

Seems better than constantly fighting your bodyclock.

Patrick said...

Also you might enjoy this article
http://www.slate.com/id/2193208/

Anonymous said...

Where are you david? It's been a week since your last post!