Monday, June 16, 2008

Feel The Burn!

This week I've started doing floor jumps. These consist of clasping your hands behind your back, squatting low, and leaping forward like a frog. I look like a complete idiot doing them, but I love them. They burn my quads so bad, but in a good way.

Saturday was ridiculously tempting for me. I went out with friends for another bachelor party in which we played paintball. I ended up leaving with a nice gash on my wrist from being shot close distance -- painful, but fun.

Later on, we all went to this amazing pizza joint in town to eat. I ate a good amount before I went in order to stay on the diet, but I was so tempted by this establishment's amazing pizza...

I ordered a salad with fat-free dressing.

You get used to it. You get used to telling yourself that you're in this for the long-haul, that you've made a commitment. You get used to visualizing the "new you" and your hero in your head. You realize that for every bad food you eat you have to work hard to work it off, or risk falling behind. This is extremely motivating.

Sometimes it's hard for me to identify bad food, though. I've been avoiding all cheese except cottage cheese. Yesterday I had a tiny bit of goat cheese. Is goat cheese bad?
Also, is 5g of sugar, 2g of fat with .5g of that sat. fat, per 1/2 cup bad? I always go for fat-free products when available, but I'd rather not eat noodles plain unless I have to. Also, is there any butter (or substitute) that is healthy? I've been avoiding butter as well.

I'm looking for ways to cook more dishes without sacrificing healthy qualities. Comments, suggestions, and criticisms much appreciated!

1 comment:

Sean said...

There's this vegan butter substitute that I used to have before the project started (I'm sure I could still get away with using a small amount of it now and then) by this company called Earth Balance. It's their Whipped Spread product and it tastes just like I remember butter tasting while being 100% vegan.

Here's the link for you: Earth Balance.

I was actually surprised while reading the descriptions accompanying their products to find out just how much healthier their products are for you despite having been a loyal customer of theirs for so long. Amazing what you can find out when you really go looking for something healthy and different.