Monday, June 9, 2008

Muscle Man

It felt really good doing my workouts last night. I've definitely noticed new strength in my arms as push-ups are getting easier and easier. I've also noticed big changes in my physique. Scrawny David is quickly going away to be replaced by a more muscular version.

More and more of my friends are finding out about this conditioning project, adding more pressure to stick with it. I have a very bad habit of starting things but never finishing them, but with all the added pressure, plus this great opportunity and team, I am more driven than ever to complete this project successfully. Looking in the mirror and seeing the beginnings of a whole new me has given me a whole new wave of motivation.

Patrick told us this week that we can "indulge" in a food that is not on the diet. I've chosen Thai food, more specifically curry, which I will partaking in Wednesday. Looking at the ingredients: rice, curry, tofu, and carrots, it doesn't seem too bad; but I have no idea how good or bad curry is for you. Perhaps all the seasoning makes the entree unhealthy. I would love feedback on this if someone knows.

New pic coming today. I promise.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Thai food is high in salt. I was looking at a Tom Yum Soup paste the other week. I teaspoon had 75% of the RDA (recommended daily amount). And the RDA is jacked up as it is.

But all in all a pretty good indulgence choice. Enjoy!